The advanced seat asignment payment is non-refundable, non-transferable and valid only on the purchased flight segment. However, you can request a refund under the following scenarios:
- We reassign your seat for operational or safety reasons and cannot provide you with a comparable or better seat assignment.
- We change your flight and cannot provide you with a comparable or better seat assignment.
- We cancel and reschedule your flight, causing you to misconnect and lose your seat assignment.
- You are denied boarding on an overbooked flight and we are unable to provide a comparable or better seat assignment on the next flight.
- For cases of Irregular Operations under the responsibility of Copa Airlines.
- If you receive an upgrade to Business Class (complimentary or paid).
- If you change your advanced seat assignment from one category to another, you will not receive a refund if the new seat assignment is less valuable or free.
Any voluntary change requested by the customer (change of date, flight, route, among others) or causes not attributable to Copa Airlines (weather, strikes, among others) to any part of the itinerary will result in the loss of the advanced seat assignment for the modified flight segment without the possibility of requesting a refund.
The advanced seat assignment may be purchased again, if available, for the updated portion of the itinerary.
We understand that everyone's plans have been disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak, we recognize how exceptional the situation is and if you cancel your trip to plan for a future date, you will be able to request the same or a similar seat. If your ticket applies for a refund in the original form of payment, the advaced seats assigned will also be refunded.
For additional information on seat preselection refunds visit the Terms and Conditions of Advance seat assignment.