Copa Airlines provides passengers the option to purchase an additional seat to increase their comfort while traveling or to take an special item on it.
To be able to buy an extra seat you should take into consideration some conditions:
- You must pay the 100% of the adult fare that applies to the portion of the trip which will you use the extra seat, for example, if you require an extra seat from Miami to Bogota you must pay the full adult fare for this route.
- You can purchase an extra seat with the same fare that you buy your ticket , as long as both tickets are purchased at the same time. This is only available through our Sales Offices and Call Center. If you purchase the extra seat the day of your flight, the fare that is going to be charged should be available at the time; if there are no seats available for purchase, you will have to travel on the next flight that has available seats together.
- Applies the checked baggage for each ticket. This means that you will be entitled to double the baggage allowance according to the purchased fare. However, the carry-on baggage allowance is not doubled.
- The extra seat can not be purchased with travel certificates or coupons discounts. The maximum weight for objects can not exceed 175 lbs. The item to be located in the extra seat must be properly packaged, so no harm can be cause to the rest of the passengers.
- In case you purchase the extra seat for your pet's comfort, if applicable, the pet must sit on the floor, in front of or to the side of the seat, but not on the seat.