You can pre-select seats from the emergency exits for a fixed price in the Manage your reservation section. Please note that the vast majority of emergency exit seats on our aircraft do not recline.
International regulations require that every passenger seated in a seat at the emergency exit meet some conditions or criteria:
- Be willing to assist in evacuation.
- Be over 15 years of age.
- You must not have any pre-existing conditions that could harm your person or prevent you from executing functions quickly and efficiently.
- Having visual and / or hearing ability, you can use contact lenses, glasses or hearing aid devices.
- Have the ability to read and understand printed / graphic instructions related to the evacuation of the aircraft, as well as the ability to understand the commands given by crew members in the language of the carrier (in the case of Copa Airlines, Spanish).
- Have mobility or skill in both arms, hands, and legs.
- Being able to physically operate an exit or any sliding mechanism: clear an exit from any obstructions, remove exit windows weighing 58lbs / 26kg, and exit the aircraft or assist others to exit.
- You cannot travel with someone who requires special care such as a young child, an elderly or elderly person. You cannot be traveling with a portable oxygen concentrator or other electronic medical item.
- You cannot be traveling with a pet container or service animal.
Note: If for operational, security or service reasons we are unable to deliver the seat located at the emergency exit, you will be relocated to another available seat.