The following are considered to be perishable items:
- Cakes and pastries
- Flowers and plants
- Fresh meat
- Frozen meat
- Fruits and vegetables
- Shellfish and fish
Perishable items must be packed in containers with dry ice weighing no more than 4.4 lbs (2 kg) as carry-on baggage.
- These containers should be sturdy and ventilated.
- Containers made out of Styrofoam will not be accepted for the transport of dry ice.
- The container must indicate that it contains dry ice and other information, including the net weight and a description of the perishable item.
Copa Airlines will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to perishable items resulting from flight delays. For more information, please visit our Perishable Items section.
It is the passenger's responsibility to be informed of and comply with the legal and regulatory requirements on the transport of these items and products.
- Copa Airlines is not responsible for the confiscation of such items and products by the appropriate authorities.
- Many countries prohibit the entry of these products, since they may carry plant and animal pests and diseases, so passengers should not transport them. Products subject to this restriction include: seeds, flowers, fruits, aromatic herbs, vegetables, meat products, biopesticides, and plants with or without dirt, and animal and plant byproducts. Failure to declare these products is against the law.
Note: if your destination country is Panama and you are traveling with any perishable item, we invite you to check the Quarantine regulations in Panama