Copa Airlines considers dogs and cats as pets. We give you some important considerations you should know about when transporting your pets:
If your pet weighs less than 20 pounds, you may transport it as carry-on bag in the Main Cabin. Pets are not accepted in Business Class.
- Your pet replaces your carry-on baggage.
- There is a pet fee of $125 each way for international flights and $25 each way for domestic flights.
- For international flights, it is allow to transports pets from Monday through Friday. For domestic flights in Panama, is allowed daily as long as you don't have an international connection on your trip.
- Only one pet per container and one pet allowed per passenger.
- Children under 11 years of age are not allowed to travel with pets.
Important: Only a maximum of 3 pets are accepted in the Main Cabin per flight. Visit our Sales Offices or contact our Reservations Center at least 48 hours before the flight's departure or at the time of buying your ticket to ensure room for your pet.
For additional information about terms and conditions, documentation, restrictions from/to specific destination to transport pet is cabin View Pets allowed in cabin section.
If your pet weighs more than 20 pounds, you must arrange transportation through our Copa Mascotas product:
Copa Mascotas is the product of Copa Airlines Cargo specially designed to ship pets that are not eligible to travel in the Main Cabin. Copa Mascotas offers airport-to-airport delivery for pets.
Some considerations for the pet shipping through Copa Mascotas are:
- We only handle dogs and cats as pets.
- We only transport pets from Monday to Friday to ensure that the animal doesn't stay in quarantine during the weekend.
- We only accept pets from 2 months old to a maximum of 11 years old. In case of any exception, the customer needs to sign a responsibility release for COPA.
- We do not accept nor make interline operations of pets.
For more information about Copa Mascotas View Copa Cargo section.