At Copa Airlines we give you the flexibility to make changes to your itinerary quickly and safely.
Can I change the date, route or itinerary of my ticket online?
You can make changes to your itinerary by contacting our Reservations Center, visiting one of our Sales Offices or through My trips in copa.com.
In My Trips you can modify the date or time of your ticket purchased on copa.com:
- In the My Trips section click on the Change Itinerary option
- Your flight itinerary and the option to select the new date or time will be displayed.
- Then, you will be able to see the value of the change which will include penalties, fare difference or taxes that apply according to the fare rules.
- In the event that any charge is applied for the change, the payment screen will be displayed to then enter the payment method data and proceed with the issuance of the new ticket. If no charge is applied, the ticket will be issued.
- The form of payment accepted for the exchange are: credit cards/fees (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, UATP, Uplift).
Can I switch flights on the same day of departure?
Copa Airlines offers the "Same Day Change - Fly Early" option which allows to move your flight to a more convenient time on the same day of the originally booked trip free of charge.
- Does not apply to Basic Economy tickets.
- Can only be requested at airports within 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the original flight.
- Only applies for changes on the same date.
- Origin and destination must be the same, does not apply to route changes.
- Applies only for Copa Airlines flights, does not apply to other airlines.
How much is the cost to change my ticket?
Depending on the rules of the fare, there may be charges when you want to change your flight or date. When you change the date or flight, the same fare you originally purchased may no longer be available, so you will have to pay the difference between the original fare and the new one at the time of the change.
Do all of your airfares apply for change or cancellation fees?
Copa Airlines has different types of fares that allow its customers to fit their travel needs. These fares have different change fees that can vary.
Where can I check the cancellation fee of my ticket?
Tickets may or may not be refundable. To check what the cancellation rules and charges are for your airline ticket, please contact our Reservations Center for further assistance.
If you want to cancel a reservation we recommend you:
- If the reservation was already purchased you should contact our Reservations Center to cancel it and verify their restrictions.
- If you have made a reservation in our web site and select the option “Reserve and hold my itinerary for 24 hours” your reservation will be kept active for 24 hours, after this period of time, it will automatically be canceled if the payment is not processed.
How long is my unused ticket valid for?
Any ticket issued by Copa Airlines will remain valid for transportation for one year after the date the ticket was issued.
The issue date for the ticket is the date on which payment was made, using either cash or a credit card, or the receipt date stated on the ticket for which payment was received using an acceptable form of payment.